About Me

London, United Kingdom
Im just the bartender here....I serve you the Long Island tea, the olives and listen to you.....then I blog...neat isnt it..

Friday 20 August 2010

Can You Stand The Rain - New Edition



I know, I have objections to the video too, but tell me who in the 90's (some till now) did not have a BBD, Bobby Brown, Johnny Gill or Ralph Transvant track on their walkman? Yeah Bobby wasn't always there (thank you Bobby, you took a great thing from the group!)
But then if Bobby didn't take the journey he did how would we appreciate Johnny's voice, Ralph's sexiness, Ricky Bell's tune it in "no pressure from me...." Michael Biven's producing and Ronnie Devoe's...........ok I'm really not sure what Ronnie did but this was New Edition!

I couldn't remember going a month, nay a week without hearing their music, they were super with a capital S. No one not even B2M could give them a run, they were the group to be and they set the pace.

When times are rough and you see a bit of grey all over the place, best thing to do is to ask yourself, "Can You Stand It". There was a day I couldn't really stand the rain but then I had a friend borrow me a shoulder to lean on, that's what friends are for I guess. I got the wizard of Oz, some booze and a great evening that cemented a great period in time. There's no better way to stand the rain, find a friend!

Ladies and Gentlemen, New Edition!

No comments:

Post a Comment