About Me

London, United Kingdom
Im just the bartender here....I serve you the Long Island tea, the olives and listen to you.....then I blog...neat isnt it..

Tuesday 10 August 2010

Matchbox Twenty - If You're gone



This has to be my heartbreak love song of the 90's. Rob Thomas has to be (if I was a girl) one of the most handsome and gifted singers that isn't black in my opinion!
I pride myself as being the real life walking music library, nothing grows old on me and this is one track that has always led to memories.
I think I've already lost you, I think you're already gone, I think I'm finally scared now, you think I'm weak, but I think you're wrong....
That my dear audience (great to assume I have one Lol) is the heart of a real man talking. Men are built not to show emotion as we all feel we are strong and hard and all but we seem never to realize that the thing that makes us hurt the most is that small fact that we never acknowledge how much we love, and darn are we lovers.
A guy can only fake it for so long (not as long as a girl obviously) one thing he cant fake is the truth when he's in love.
Rob Thomas said he wrote this when he fell in love and realized he could lose the woman he loved,the thought of how he would feel if he ever lost his woman spurred this song, that's plenty of love.

Note the beautiful black chic with short hair laughing at the story in 0.28 seconds. The look on her face alone tells you how much love means to black women, now think of how emotional it is coming from a white guy, it isn't jungle fever its love TKO!

No comments:

Post a Comment